Have you been faced with having to make a really tough decision?
Where do you go to have your problems solved and questions answered? The answer is to go to the source of all wisdom, God Himself. After all, He’s the one who understands your past and future—He knows your weaknesses and strengths. The Lord will protect you, yet challenge you to grow in Him. He always has your best interest in mind! Always seek God for wisdom in financial decisions.
Seeking His Wisdom Can Transform Your Thoughts
We recall one time we had the opportunity to make a purchase that could have saved us over $1000 if we would have made the purchase. Or, perhaps we should word that differently. We THOUGHT we would be saving that much money until we asked the Lord for His wisdom on the matter. We would like to share with you our experience when we asked Him for wisdom, because it could really change your perspective on finances!
So when we were presented with this “good deal” on something we could really use, we talked about all of the advantages and we couldn’t come up with any disadvantages or reasons why we shouldn’t do it, EXCEPT we just wanted to be sure we really SHOULD make the purchase. We decided we were going to ask Wisdom to give us the answer. So we simply said, “Wisdom, we welcome you and ask you to give us the answer to whether we should make this purchase or not.”
Within minutes, we shared with each other what we were hearing the Spirit of the Lord say and it was this, “While this may seem like a huge bargain, if it’s not a need, and you don’t already have this much in excess, it’s an expense.”
Is It A Savings or an Expense?
There it was! The very answer we needed! A whole new perspective! Instead of this purchase being an $1800 savings to us, we suddenly began to view it as an $1800 EXPENSE if we were to buy it. We felt peace about the matter, having realized that we had just received the answer we were looking for.
So, how do you begin letting God lead you with His wisdom? Here are basic steps for receiving wisdom from God.
1. Acknowledge that God has the answer. God is the source of wisdom for all things. Realize that He not only has the answer, He is the answer.
Proverbs 2:6 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
2. Pray and ask for God’s wisdom. Simply ask Him for help. You can be sure he will answer when you ask Him because of this:
James 1:5 Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of [a]the giving God [Who gives]to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
3. Believe He will guide you. Faith is so important when it comes to accepting God’s wisdom. You must recognize the fact that God wants to communicate with you. The more you communicate with Him, the clearer His direction will become as you continue to seek Him.
Proverbs 4:18 Amplified Bible (AMP)
18 But the path of the [uncompromisingly]just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in]the perfect day [to be prepared].
4. Get in motion. Don’t be afraid to do your part and research your options. We once read a saying that goes like this, “Do not ask God to guide your steps if you are not willing to move your feet.” Faith without works is dead. You must put into action what you believe God is telling you to do.
5. Check your decision against God’s Word. James 3:15-17 provides the characteristics of true godly wisdom:
James 3:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure (undefiled); then it is peace-loving, courteous (considerate, gentle). [It is willing to]yield to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted and straightforward, impartial and unfeigned (free from doubts, wavering, and insincerity).
God is the source of all wisdom. Only He views your life from an eternal perspective. Allow Him to become part of your decision–making process and guarantee yourself a lifetime of success!
After you have read this article, please leave a comment below and let me know if this encouraged you.
Leave a Reply