Chicken Taco SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 LB of Ground Chicken
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 3 Green Onions
- Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno
- Sour Cream or Mashed Avocado
- Optional - Hot Sauce and Salsa
- Salad Strips or Nacho Chips (no trans fat!)
This is a favorite in our house that is quick, easy, and healthy. Prepare this meal in just 10 to 15 minutes with the following steps.
- Place the ground chicken in a pan and cook on med-high heat.
- Once browned, add your favorite taco seasoning.
- Chop up the Jalapeno pepper into tiny pieces and add to the pan with the chicken.
- Chop up the romaine lettuce and place in salad bowls
- Dice tomatoes & green onions.
- Once the chicken is ready, place it on top of the bed of lettuce and add additional ingredients on top.
- If you would like to use avocado instead of sour cream, cut open the avocado, and remove the seed. Put the avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork until you have a smooth consistency. It will be lumpy. Add some salt and a few mashed tomatoes, lime juice and fresh cilantro and you can have some guacamole 🙂
- Top with cheese and sour cream or your avocado and you have an amazing taco salad.
Enjoy! Add your comments or suggestions below.